Be not dismayed, I am thy God!!!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. In addition to God saying in this verse, fear not, I am with you, He goes on to say, “… be not dismayed; for I am thy God….” Isaiah 41v10 (King James Version). The Amplified Bible puts it this way: “… do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. …” Synonyms for dismayed include discouraged, disheartened, demoralized, cast down or intimidated. It could also mean “sudden or complete loss of courage; utter disheartenment, sudden disillusionment, agitation of mind; perturbation; alarm” (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dismayed?s=t).

I can imagine someone receiving a certain piece of news or information and just being dismayed – having a sudden or complete loss of courage. Beloved, God is saying, be not dismayed, He is your God. But you may say, Lord, the situation is getting worse, I don’t know what is going on e.t.c. God knows, and He is saying to you, I am your God. What does this mean? Well, what can you say about your God? He is the Alpha and the Omega, our Shield, Strength, Provider, Redeemer, Saviour, the lover of our souls, the One who sent His Son to die on the Cross of Calvary, the Son of God who decided to lay down His life for us, the One who has never lost a battle, the soon coming King, the Lord of heaven’s armies, Faithful and True.

The Bible tells us of David and his men when the Amalekites invaded where they were, while they were away. “When David and his men reached Ziklag, they found it destroyed by fire and their wives and sons and daughters taken captive. So David and his men wept aloud until they had no strength left to weep. David’s two wives had been captured … David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the LORD his God. Then David said to Abiathar the priest, the son of Ahimelek, “Bring me the ephod.” Abiathar brought it to him, and David inquired of the LORD, “Shall I pursue this raising party? Will I overtake them?” “Pursue them,” He answered. “You will certainly overtake them and succeed in the rescue.”” (1 Samuel 30v3-8, New International Version). Starting off with 600 men, and continuing with 400 after 200 were too exhausted to cross the Besor valley, David pursued, and they overtook and recovered everything the Amalekites had taken including his two wives. Beloved, do not look around you and be in terror or dismayed – encourage and strengthen yourself in the Lord. Remember, the LORD Almighty says to you, I am your God.

Prayer
Father, we thank You for You are our God and we do not need to be dismayed. I pray that I may know Your ways so I may understand You more fully and all that You are to me, in Jesus name, amen.   

Comments

Popular Posts