Strength!!! (3)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. In addition to the LORD saying in Isaiah 41v10 that fear not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed or discouraged, for I am thy God, He says, “… I will strengthen thee; ….” Isaiah 41v10 (King James Version). The Amplified Version says “… I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties…”, while the Message says “… I’ll give you strength….”

One of the crucial places that a believer should be in is one of complete surrender to God; His plans, purposes, will e.t.c. It is important to live a life that recognizes and acknowledges Him as our strength, without whom we can do nothing. In Acts 1v8, the Lord Jesus had told the disciples that they would receive power to be God’s witnesses when the Holy Spirit comes upon them. In Luke 1, when Mary was wondering how she would conceive a child when she didn’t know a man; she was told that the Holy Ghost would come upon her and the power of the Almighty will overshadow her.

Indeed, Acts 17v28 says In Him we live, and move and have our being. God doesn’t expect us to be in a position without strength, help, and thinking I know it all / I can do it all by myself. 2 Corinthians 12v9 (Amplified Version) puts it beautifully in saying “But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!” 

Hebrews 4 invites us to come boldly before God’s throne of grace where we can obtain mercy and find grace to help in our time of need. Isaiah 40 is explicit in saying young men grow weary, but those who wait on the Lord are those who will renew their strength. So child of God, why don’t you rely on the Lord as the source of your strength, wisdom and abilities?

Prayer

Father, we thank You for You are Strength. We pray o God that You will empower us with inner strength through Your Spirit. We pray that the strength and power of Christ will show itself strong in all of our weaknesses, and pitch a tent and dwell over us. Father, be glorified in our lives. Please send laborers, send us to those who do not know You, and let Your name alone be glorified. We say come Lord Jesus, and look forward to spending eternity with You, in Jesus name we pray with thanksgiving, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts