Fear not, for I am with you!!! (2)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. In Isaiah 41v10 (Classic Amplified Version), the Lord says “Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; …” There are many things one can be afraid of – people, the future, death, war, famine, sword, persecution, trial, pain e.t.c. But God says, don’t be afraid. To walk with God and not be afraid requires courage. It takes courage to do the will of God; standing firm despite the opinion of others.

We see the case of Joshua where the Lord gave him certain instructions in Joshua 1v1-9 (New International Version): “After the death of Moses the servant of the Lord, the Lord said to Joshua son of Nun, Moses’ aide: “Moses My servant is dead. Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them—to the Israelites. I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates—all the Hittite country—to the Mediterranean Sea in the west. No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them. “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law My servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Joshua had a daunting task ahead of him. He had to lead the people to take over God’s promised land to them. He was also leading in the wake of Moses, who had been a great figure, God’s servant whom He talked with face to face as a man does with His friend. Regardless of the enormity of the work ahead, God assured him that He will be with him, He won’t forsake him. However, He cautioned him to be strong, very courageous, and to make sure he was reading and meditating on the Law given so that he would obey them. Beloved, I don’t know what task is ahead of you, what God has called you to do – but don’t be afraid. He is with you. His Spirit lives in you. The Greater One is on the inside of you (1 John 4v4); and He will cause you to triumph. Only be diligent to trust Him and obey Him; follow His guidance and instruction and honour Him above all else.

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word this day. Thank You because You are with me, and there is nothing to fear. Help me to obey You always. Give me a deep desire for Your Word and sensitivity to Your Spirit. We love You and honour You. Blessed be Your holy name forevermore. In Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts