Faithfulness


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His goodness, His faithfulness, His plans for our lives, and the hope and expectation and assurance that Jesus is coming back soon for His church.  

Primary Text
“Therefore I urge you to imitate me. For this reason I have sent to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord….” 1 Corinthians 4v16-17 (NIV)

Have you ever been in a situation where you had to delegate a certain responsibility to someone and you thought to yourself, nope, I’m not sure the job will get done if I give it to this person? Now I know personally I am sometimes sent on an errand, and may forget for sometime and later I remember it. But speaking more generally, can you be said to be faithful? Paul sent Timothy to the Corinthians, calling him someone he loved, and who was faithful in the Lord. On the other hand Proverbs 26v6 (AMP) shows another type of character, saying “He who sends a message by the hand of a fool cuts off the feet [of satisfactory delivery] and drinks the damage.” Are you dependable? Are you committed? Or do you cause damage to the one who sent you? Are you dedicated? Loyal? Or do you go by how you feel to determine your commitment? Are you faithful to your promises? Are you faithful to the Lord? Our God is faithful, and He preserves the faithful. Psalm 31v23 (AMP) saying “O love the Lord, all you His saints! The Lord preserves the faithful, and plentifully pays back him who deals haughtily.” If you know you are lacking in this area, why not be determined and take steps to develop yourself in it through the help of the Holy Spirit? Thankfully, included in the “fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes]” is faithfulness (Galatians 5v22, AMP), “a willingness to stick with things” (Galatians 5v22, MSG).

Supplementary Text
“Moreoever, it is [essentially] required of stewards that a man should be found faithful (proving himself worthy of trust].” 1 Corinthians 4v2 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. I thank You for You are a faithful God. I ask for Your grace to be a faithful person. Empower me o God to be faithful, and loyal, committed and dedicated to You and all that You will have me do and be. Please fill me afresh with Your Holy Spirit. Spirit of the living God, I yield to You and ask that You will have Your way in my life. All this I ask, believing I have received it in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts