Judging Angels


28 June 2013: 

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His goodness, faithfulness, lovingkindness and grace.

Primary Text
“Do you not know also that we [Christians] are to judge the [very] angels and pronounce opinion between right and wrong [for them]? How much more then [as to] matters pertaining to this world and of this life only!” 1 Corinthians 6v3 (AMP)

The Dakes reference Bible makes this commentary – Gr. krino, means to judge; make a legal decision. It does not refer to passing sentence on angels, or sending them to punishment. It does mean that saints will be exalted higher than angels and will rule them, making decisions for the administration of the universe. Saints, not angels, become heirs of God and joint-heirs with Jesus Christ to inherit all things (Rom. 8:17-18; Gal. 5:21; Heb. 6:12; Rev 21:7). Even now saints are being examples to angels (Eph. 3:8-11; 1 Cor 4:9; 11:10). Angels are eager to learn about the plan of God for the redeemed (1 Pet. 1:10-13).” Indeed Romans 8v17-18 (AMP) says “And if we are [His] children, then we are [His] heirs also: heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ [sharing His inheritance with Him]; only we must share His suffering if we are to share His glory. [But what of that?] For I consider that the sufferings of this present time (this present life) are not worth being compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us and in us and for us and conferred on us!” Thank God, we are heirs of the Father and joint heirs with Christ. We will judge angels and even now are examples to them:

Supplementary Text
“Though I am the least deserving of all God’s people, He graciously gave me the privilege of telling the Gentiles about the endless treasures available to them in Christ. I was chosen to explain to everyone this mysterious plan that God, the Creator of all things, had kept secret from the beginning. God’s purpose in all this was to use the church to display His wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. This was His eternal plan, which He carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord.” Ephesians 3v8-11 (NLT).

Prayer
Father we thank You, we love and appreciate You. Thank You for the salvation of our souls. Thank You for all You do for us. Thank You for what You have in store for us, both in the life and forevermore, in Jesus name, amen.

And perhaps you do not even know Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, and you want to have a relationship with Him. The Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”  Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts