The Ultimate Surrender

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, He said, Father, into Thy hands I commend My Spirit: and having said thus, He gave up the ghost.” Luke 23v46 (KJV)

Many times, we want to do things our way, want things done in our time, we want to be in charge. I listened to a message titled the ultimate surrender, and it depicted what Jesus did – committing His Spirit into the hands of the Lord as the ultimate surrender. Basically, Lord, I give it all to You. Notably, this was at the point of death… But we see this as a trademark of the life that Jesus lived, from Him saying – “… My meat is to do the will of Him that sent Me, and to finish His work” (John 4v34) and “He went forward a little, and fell face downward on the ground, and prayed, “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup be taken away from me. But I want your will, not mine.”” (Matthew 26v39, TLB). How many of us really live a God conscious, God centered life? Or is God just relegated to Sunday and the early morning prayers of thank You for another day. Most of us want to succeed in life, but as we saw yesterday from Proverbs 3v5-6, true success comes from not relying on ourselves but in putting God first: “… In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success” & “… In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, And He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way]” (Proverbs 3v6, NLT & AMP). Let us not be weary in putting our trusting in God. How then do we surrender to God – tell Him and actually do it. If you are finding it hard to do, express your willingness and ask Him to help you. Remember Philippians 2v13 (AMP) says “ For it is [not your strength, but it is] God who is effectively at work in you, both to will and to work [that is, strengthening, energizing, and creating in you the longing and the ability to fulfill your purpose] for His good pleasure.” So ask Him for the willingness and the ability to always do what will please Him.

Prayer

My Father and my God, I thank You and bless Your holy name. I pray indeed for the willingness and the ability to surrender my everything to You – my life, times, talent, treasures, family, friends, relationships, work, everything to You. Take full control of my life o God and let Your name be glorified in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts