Another Jesus?

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.” 2 Corinthians 11v4 (KJV)

What Jesus did you receive? I recently listened to a message around this topic and it stood out for me. Indeed, it was raised that some people are not worshipping graven images and physical idols, but have set up an alternate God in their hearts, and that is who they choose to worship. In essence, there is “another Jesus” preached from “another gospel” (Galatians 1v6-8) other than that which our God has laid out in scripture. For example, there is another Jesus who provides salvation without repentance. In this situation, people come to give their lives to the Lord without acknowledging their need for a Savior, without being remorseful or even recognizing that they are sinners. Yet, the Bible tells us that “…Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem” (Luke 24v46-47, KJV). On the contrary, people might come to the Lord who can bless them, promote them, improve their lives … and God does all of these things, but fundamentally underlying the Gospel is that we have all sinned and were in need of a Saviour. A Jesus who is accepted for the benefits that can be derived thus leads to delusions and a falling away in times when the going isn’t going good. This is in sharp contrast to one who recognizes that I was on the wrong way and this man Jesus set me on the right path and brought me into right standing with God and I will serve and follow Him forever. Beloved, which Jesus are you serving?

Prayer

Father, I thank You for Your Word. I pray that You will search my heart o God and see if I am really in the faith in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts