Search me O God

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test my thoughts. Point out anything You find in me that makes You sad, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.” Psalm 139v23-24 (TLB)

“Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart; Test me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.” Psalm 139v23-24 (AMP)

“God, examine me and know my mind. Test me and know all my worries. Make sure that I am not going the wrong way. Lead me on the path that has always been right.” Psalm 139v23-24 (ERV)

It is important that we have God examine us, our motives, actions, feelings; to see right or wrong according to what He determines is right or wrong, rather than what we perceive it to be. Indeed, the Bible says “The heart is the most deceitful thing there is and desperately wicked. No one can really know how bad it is! Only the Lord knows! He searches all hearts and examines deepest motives so He can give to each person his right reward, according to his deeds – how he has lived” (Jeremiah 17v9-10, TLB). And so, our hearts can deceive us to think we are actually doing the right thing, when in reality we are not; or that we are doing the wrong thing, when in reality we are not. However, through the Light of God, we are able to have a clearer picture of the situation as it actually is. Take David for example, he sinned and committed adultery and murder. However, when God’s prophet came and spoke to him about it, he received revelation to know that what he had done was very wrong in the sight of the Lord. In the same way as believers, we need God’s Light to see how He views the situations that we are in and the motives of our heart.

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your Word this day. Thank You for You examine our hearts and deepest motives. I pray this day that O God, You will examine me and know my mind. Test me and know all my worries. Make sure that I am not going the wrong way. Lead me on the path that has always been right. Grant me the grace to please You always in Jesus name, amen.




Comments

Popular Posts