Search me o God (3)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test my thoughts. Point out anything You find in me that makes You sad, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.” Psalm 139v23-24 (TLB)

“Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart; Test me and know my anxious thoughts; And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.” Psalm 139v23-24 (AMP)

“God, examine me and know my mind. Test me and know all my worries. Make sure that I am not going the wrong way. Lead me on the path that has always been right.” Psalm 139v23-24 (ERV)

Another way God can search us is through the Word of God. Indeed the Bible tells us that “For the word of God is living and active and full of power [making it operative, energizing, and effective]. It is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating as far as the division of the soul and spirit [the completeness of a person], and of both joints and marrow [the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and judging the very thoughts and intentions of the heart” Hebrews 4v12 (AMP). The Word of God acts as a great judge of our thoughts and intentions and motives. In the case where our heart deceives us, the light of God Word illuminates what is true and right. Indeed Psalm 119v105 (ERV) says “Your word is like a lamp that guides my steps, a light that shows the path I should take” while Psalm 119v11 (TLB) says “I have thought much about Your words and stored them in my heart so that they would hold me back from sin.” Let us embrace the Word of God and let it judge the intents and thoughts of our heart.

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your Word and the illumination it brings. We thank You for it. Father, we pray for the grace to truly study Your Word and lay it up in our hearts. Help us to call sin, what it is and by the power of the Spirit change what You would have us to in Jesus name, amen.












Comments

Popular Posts