Even in Uncertainty

 Dearly Beloved. I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. Philippians 2v19 (NLT) says “If the Lord Jesus is willing, I hope to send Timothy to you soon for a visit. Then he can cheer me up by telling me how you are getting along. Some other translations put it this way: “Yet I’m trusting in our Lord Jesus that …” TPT; “But I hope and trust in the Lord Jesus…” (AMPC); and “I plan (according to Jesus’ plan) ...” (MSG). Imagine being in a situation of great uncertainty – no access to phones, the news as we know it, social media, not sure of what tomorrow may hold. Now imagine Paul writing this letter from prison. Indeed, he was amid great uncertainty, not knowing what tomorrow would hold. But one thing he could do – and that was to put his trust in the Lord Jesus; to keep his hope in God alive.

 

Child of God, what are you going through that has gotten you down or dismal, regardless of the uncertainty of things, one thing you should do is to put your hope in the Lord and His Word. Trust that God has a plan for your life and He will bring it to pass – regardless of what you see. Isaiah 26v3 (KJV) says “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.”  Psalm 27v13-14 (KJV) says "I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” Hallelujah. Child of God, hold onto God, trust in Him and He will strengthen you.

 

Prayer

Dear God, we thank You for You are our God, and You have good plans for us, thoughts of peace and not of evil to give us a future, a hope and an expected end. We declare that we will trust You and keep our hope in You regardless of uncertainties. Thank You Lord for You never fail. We pray all this in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts