The Word of Life (4)

Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His Word which He has given to us. Philippians 2v14 encourages us to “Hold firmly to the word of life...”. Today, we continue to consider some scripture on this word of life. These are in NIV:

 

Psalm 119:139: “My zeal wears me out, for my enemies ignore your words.

Psalm 119:147: “I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.

Psalm 119:158: “I look on the faithless with loathing, for they do not obey your word.

Psalm 119:160: “All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

Psalm 119:169: “May my cry come before you, Lord; give me understanding according to your word.

Psalm 119:172: “May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous.”

2 Timothy 3:16-17: “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Ephesians 6:17: “Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Hebrews 4:12: “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

We see in these verses that we can hope in the Word of life, that it is true, and His commands are righteous. The Word of God is alive and active, and it can teach, rebuke, correct and train in righteousness. It can also pierce into one’s heart and judge the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. It is unfortunate that that the faithless do not obey God’s Word, but we are believers, and we believe in God and in His Word. Always will we look to Him for help.

Prayer

Father, we thank You so much for Your Word. We pray for grace to dig in and meditate on Your Word always, that we may be transformed by the renewing of our mind and shine as lights in the world and be ambassadors for You in Jesus name, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts