The Word of Life (3)

Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His Word which He has given to us. Philippians 2v14 encourages us to “Hold firmly to the word of life...”. Today, we continue to consider some scripture on this word of life. These are in NIV:

 

Psalm 119:74: May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word.

Psalm 119: 81: My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word.

Psalm 119: 101: I have kept my feet from every evil path so that I might obey your word.

Psalm 119: 103: How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!”

Psalm 119:105: Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

Psalm 119:107: I have suffered much; preserve my life, Lord, according to your word.

Psalm 119:114: You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

Psalm 119:130: The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.

Psalm 119:133: Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.

 

We find that we can put our hope in the Word of life. Numbers 23v19 (NIV) says “God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?” Isaiah 55v11 (NIV) also says “so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” Amen. God’s Word gives understanding to the simple, and from sinning. Let us make it a priority to dig into the Word of Life.

 

Prayer

Father, we thank You so much for Your Word. We pray for grace to dig in and meditate on Your Word always, that we may be transformed by the renewing of our mind and shine as lights in the world and be ambassadors for You in Jesus name, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts