The Word of Life (2)

Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His Word which He has given to us. Philippians 2v14 encourages us to “Hold firmly to the word of life...”. Today, we consider some scripture on this word of life. These are in NIV:


Psalm 119v9-11: “How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”

Psalms 119:16-17: “I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word. Be good to your servant while I live, that I may obey your word.”

Psalms 119:25: “I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word.”

Psalms 119:41-43: “May your unfailing love come to me, Lord, your salvation, according to your promise; then I can answer anyone who taunts me, for I trust in your word. Never take your word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws.”

Psalms 119:49: “Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope.”

Psalm 119:57:You are my portion, Lord;  I have promised to obey your words.

Psalm 119:67: Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.

We find that by adhering to the word of life, we are kept pure, kept from sinning, affliction, and we are preserved. Because we trust in God and consider Him our portion, we determine and decide to obey His word. In this word, we find hope, promises, and are able to respond to people and situations. Hallelujah. Let us make it a priority to dig into the Word of Life.

Prayer

Father, we thank You so much for Your Word. We pray for grace to dig in and meditate on Your Word always, that we may be transformed by the renewing of our mind and shine as lights in the world and be ambassadors for You in Jesus name, amen.



Comments

Popular Posts