Alive but dead!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text: Revelations 3v1-2
“And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith He that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.” Revelations 3v1&2 (KJV)

““To the angel of the Church in Sardis write: These are the words of Him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strength what remains and is about to die, for I have found your deeds unfinished in the sight of my God.” Revelations 3v1&2 (NIV)

“AND TO the angel (messenger) of the assembly (church) in Sardis write: These are the words of Him Who has the seven Spirits of God [the sevenfold Holy Spirit] and the seven stars: I know your record and what you are doing; you are supposed to be alive, but [in reality] you are dead. Rouse yourselves and keep awake, and strengthen and invigorate what remains and is on the point of dying; for I have not found a thing that you have done [any work of yours] meeting the requirements of My God or perfect in His sight.” Revelations 3v1&2 (AMP)

How can someone be known to be alive, and yet be dead? This draws an important note to the fact that it is not man who does our assessments, but God, for man can give us a satisfactory mark, while in the eyes of God we are not doing well. Here the church in Sardis are known to be alive, but are dead. Samson is someone who thought he was still ok, but unfortunately after his hair was cut, his strength was gone. As believers we are likened to salt and told that if the salt loses its flavor, of what use is it? Are you losing your flavor? One way a believer becomes dead, is when he becomes unfruitful. For when we are not bearing fruit, we are cut off from the Vine which is Jesus. How is your Christian life? How are your works in the sight of God?

Supplementary Texts
“And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him. And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him.” Judges 16v19&20

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman. Every branch in Me that beareth not fruit He taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, He purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.” John 15v1 (KJV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Purge me from every dead work. May I seek Your approval alone and not that of any man. Help me to be fruitful and to glorify You alone in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts