An Open Door!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. All power in heaven and on earth belongs to our God, amen.

Primary Text: Revelations 3v7-8
“And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith He that is holy, He that is true, He that hath the key of David, He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept My word, and hast not denied My name.” Revelations 3v7-8 (KJV)

“And to the angel (messenger) of the assembly (church) in Philadelphia write: These are the words of the Holy One, the True One, He Who has the key of David, Who opens and no one shall shut, Who shuts and no one shall open: I know your [record of] works and what you are doing. See! I have set before you a door wide open which no one is able to shut; I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept My Word and guarded My message and have not renounced or denied My name.” Revelations 3v7-8 (AMP)

This speaks of a people whom though they have a little strength, have kept the Word of God, have guarded His message, and have not renounced or denied His name. The Lord says He had set before them a door that no man is able to shut. Why do you think Jesus said this? On the one hand, we view the authority of the Lord, in that if He decides to open a door, no one can shut it, and if He opens, no one can shut it. The God of impossibilities, who has all power, is saying, I have put an open door before you, no one can shut it.

Supplementary Texts
“For a wide door of opportunity for effectual [service] has opened to me [there, a great and promising one], and [there are] many adversaries.” 1 Corinthians 6v9 (AMP)

“Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ’s gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,” 2 Corinthians 2v12

“Withal praying also for us, that God would open until us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:” Colossians 4v3

Prayer
Father in the name of Jesus, we thank You so very much for Your Word. We thank You because You hold the key of David, and You are the One who openeth a door and no man shutteth it, and shutteth a door and no man openeth it. We are praying for open doors for the gospel to be preached in the earth in Jesus name, amen. We are praying for open doors to those who are down, to the oppressed, to those in authority, to the broken hearted in Jesus name, amen. We also pray that You will open doors for effectual service for us, service that would cause men to glorify Your name and be turned to You in Jesus name, amen. We pray that where our strength is small, that You will strengthen us, and preserve us in You till the end in Jesus name we pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts