KEPT!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for all that He is to us. The Lord continues His message to His Church in Philadelphia, in Revelations 3. A church that had a little strength, yet kept His Word and did not deny His name. He said:

Primary Text: Revelations 3:10
“Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.” Revelations 3v10 (KJV)

“Because you have guarded and kept My word of patient endurance [have held fast the lesson of My patience with the expectant endurance that I give you], I also will keep you [safe] from the hour of trial (testing) which is coming on the whole world to try those who dwell upon the earth.” Revelations 3v10 (AMP)

“Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world.” Revelations 3v10 (NLT)

One thing that the Lord says here is that there is going to come an hour of temptation, to try them that dwell on the earth. But because this Church had kept His word of patience, He will also keep them. How faithful have you been to keeping the Word of His patience? Now is not the time to get offended at His Word. Now is the time to do whatsoever the Lord says to do – to hold fast to His Word and not let go. This Church had a little strength, yet, they persevered. What are you doing in this time before the hour of temptation comes? Before the floods come?

Supplementary Texts
“Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.” Matthew 7v24-27 (KJV)
“Then Jesus went with them to the olive grove called Gethsemane, and he said, “Sit here while I go over there to pray.” He took Peter and Zebedee’s two sons, James and John, and he became anguished and distressed. He told them, “My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.” Then he returned to the disciples and found them asleep. He said to Peter, “Couldn’t you watch with me even one hour? Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak!” Then Jesus left them a second time and prayed, “My Father! If this cup cannot be taken away unless I drink it, your will be done.” When he returned to them again, he found them sleeping, for they couldn’t keep their eyes open. So he went to pray a third time, saying the same things again. Then he came to the disciples and said, “Go ahead and sleep. Have your rest. But look—the time has come. The Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Up, let’s be going. Look, my betrayer is here!” Matthew 26v36-45 (NLT)

Prayer
Father in the name of Jesus, we thank You so much for Your Word this day. We ask for the grace to keep Your Word and to persevere like the Church in Philadelphia, and ask that when the hour of temptation comes upon the world, You may keep us as well in Jesus name we pray, amen.

www.beeencouraged.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular Posts