Do Right!


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“For let him who wants to enjoy life and see good days [good – whether apparent or not] keep his tongue from evil and his lips from guile (treachery, deceit). Let him turn away from wickedness and shun it, and let him do right…” 1 Peter 3v10 (AMP)

Doing the right thing might be hard, but it is always worth it. If you want to enjoy life and see good days, we need to turn away from evil and wickedness, shun it and do right. Let the fear of God, His Word, and His Spirit guide you on what is right. Proverbs 16v6 (KJV) tells us “By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.” Joseph was someone who was faced with the choice to do right or wrong. His boss’ wife wanted to sleep with him. He didn’t give an excuse that she was the one who came unto him, or that he might lose his job and how would he care for his needs, or she was too persistent. Instead, Genesis 39v8-10 (NIV) says “But he refused. “With me in charge,” he told her, “my master does not concern himself with anything in the house; everything he owns he has entrusted to my care. No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?” And though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her.”  Now while Joseph ended up in prison because the woman told a lie against him that he had tried to rape her, Genesis 39v20-21 (NIV) says “… But while Joseph was there in the prison, the LORD was with him; He showed him kindness and granted him favor in the eyes of the prison warden.” Nothing compares to the presence of God. What is that thing you would do that will make Him displeased with you? It’s not worth it. Seek to please God in all you do – do right.

Supplementary Text
“I call heaven and earth to witness this day against you that I have set before you life and death, the blessings and the curses; therefore choose life, that you and your descendants may live And may love the Lord your God, obey His voice, and cling to Him. For He is your life and the length of your days, that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to give to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.” Deuteronomy 30v19-20 (AMP).
Father, I thank You for Your Word. I pray for the Spirit of the fear of the Lord to rest mightily upon me, that I will depart from evil. Let my love for You increase Lord, that I may seek to please You in all that I do in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts