Be Courteous!


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. 

Primary Text
“… be courteous:” 1 Peter 3v8 (KJV)
“… humble.” 1 Peter 3v8 (NIV)
“… keep a humble attitude.” 1 Peter 3v8 (NLT)
“… courteous (tenderhearted and humble).” (AMP)

One disposition we are to have as believers is to be courteous (well-mannered, civil, considerate), be tenderhearted, be humble. 1 Peter 5v5 (KJV) tells us “Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.” 2 Samuel 22v28 (NLT) says “You rescue the humble, but your eyes watch the proud and humiliate them.” When we are humble, we are teachable. We are not all about, my own way is right. Psalm 25v9 (AMP) “He leads the humble in what is right, and the humble He teaches His way.” One way in which we have seen humility expressed in the Bible is through fasting. For example, before Esther went to see the king, she called for a fasting of 3 days and nights. Psalm 35v13 (KJV) says “But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.” Fasting then means saying Lord, I am looking up to You, You are our help, we have no other one but You, we need Your help, we need Your mercy, we need Your grace, show up for us. The proud on the other hand, thinks he is fine all by himself. In face, the proud lifts himself up, but the humble looks up to God to lift him up. Psalm 149v4 (AMP) saying “For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He will beautify the humble with salvation and adorn the wretched with victory.”

Supplementary Text
“When they make [you] low, you will say, [There is] a lifting up; and the humble person He lifts up and saves.” Job 22v29 (AMP)
Father, I thank You humility. Father, I just humble myself before You this day. I submit myself to Your will, Your word, and Your ways, and I pray Lord that You remove any iota of pride from my life – I don’t want to be resisted by You. Help me Lord God, lead me in what is right, and teach me Your way in Jesus name, amen.    

Comments

Popular Posts