Peace


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“For let him who wants to enjoy life and see good days [good – whether apparent or not] … Let him search for peace (harmony; undisturbedness from fears, agitating passions, and moral conflicts) and seek it eagerly. [Do not merely desire peaceful relations with God, with your fellowmen, and with yourself, but pursue, go after them!]” 1 Peter 3v10-11 (AMP)

Isaiah 48v22 (KJV) says “There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked.” However, for those who have put their faith in Jesus and accepted Him as their Lord and Saviour, Romans 5v1 (NLT) tells us “Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.” Have you made your peace with God? Next, we also need to follow peace with others. Yup, even if they started it. Romans 12v18 tells us “If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.” Do what you can to make for peace. Pursue after it. Are there people you have not made things right with? Romans 14v19 (KJV) encourages us that “Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.” Are you harboring unforgiveness, strife, bitterness, malice, grudge, anger, … towards another, it’s time to let it go. Also, as individuals we need to have peace in our hearts. The Lord Jesus said “Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]” John 14v27 (AMP). As we see in Galatians 5v22, the work which the Holy Spirit accomplishes within us produces peace. Let peace rule in your heart beloved: “And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ’s] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].” Colossians 3v15 (AMP)

Supplementary Text
“Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:” (Hebrews 12v14, KJV).

Father, I thank You for Your Word. I thank You for the peace I have with You. Father, I accept the peace of Jesus, and pray that His peace will rule in my heart. I lift up my heart to You, please search me, reveal any situation where I am not at peace with anyone, heal every hurt in my heart and grant me the grace to pursue peace with them, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts