Love as Brethren – Love never fails!


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. 

Primary Text
“Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren …” 1 Peter 3v8 (KJV)

1 Corinthians 13v8 tells us “Charity never faileth…” (KJV); “love will last forever” (NLT); “love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]” (AMP). Walk in love. Paul by the inspiration of the Spirit had written in 1 Corinthians 12 about spiritual gifts, yet he concluded by saying “But earnestly desire and zealously cultivate the greatest and best gifts and graces (the higher gifts and the choicest graces). And yet I will show you a still more excellent way [one that is better by far and the highest of them all – love]” (v31, AMP). And that’s when he goes on to write that “If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.” (1 Corinthians 13v1-3, NLT). Brethren, perhaps you have things you can boast of, perhaps you can deliver the greatest sermon, or give the biggest gift to the poor, or know God’s Word in and out  - if you don’t have love, you have gained nothing. Not to despair, included in the fruit of the Spirit is love (Galatians 5v22); and the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Spirit (Romans 5v5). Greater is the love of God in you than all the hate in the world. It is love that made God to send Jesus to die for us even when we were yet sinners (Romans 5v8); and the Lord Jesus loves you with a love that passeth knowledge (Ephesians 3v19), and it is the same love that enables us to love our enemies, Matthew 5v44 (KJV) saying “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;”. “There is no fear in love [dread does not exist], but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and [so] he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love [is not yet grown into love’s complete perfection].” 1 John 4v18 (AMP)

Supplementary Text
“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13v13 (NIV)
Father, I thank You for You are good and Your love endures forever. I thank You because Your love is shed abroad in my heart by Your Spirit and love springs from You. Father, I thank You for there is no fear in love. Perfect me in Your love o God and let every fear be banished, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts