Another Comforter (2)


Hello everyone,

How are you doing today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“But now I am going to Him Who sent Me, yet none of you asks Me, Where are You going? But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts [taken complete possession of them]. However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you].” John 16v5-7 (AMP)

Looking at each of the descriptive words telling us about the Holy Spirit from the Amplified Version, gives:
·      Comforter: “one who consoles or comforts.” Comfort is a “relief in affliction, consolation, solace.”
·      Counselor: “A person who gives counsel; adviser”
·      Helper: “A person … that helps or gives assistance, support, e.t.c.; … to assist or aid (someone to do something), esp[ecially] by sharing the work, cost, or burden of something.”
·      Intercessor: “The act of interceding or offering petitionary prayer to God on behalf of others”
·      Advocate: “A person who speaks or writes in support or defense of a person, cause, etc…. One who pleads another’s cause, who helps another by defending or comforting him. In law, a person who is professionally qualified to plead the cause of another in a court of law.”
·      Strengthener: “To make stronger; give strength to”
·      Standby: “A staunch supporter or adherent; one who can be relied upon.”
Source: www.dictionary.com

If Jesus said it was good and beneficial for Him to go, because if He didn’t the Holy Spirit wouldn’t come, I think it is most important for us to deeply desire to enjoy all that the Holy Spirit is supposed to be to us. For instance, are you in need of comfort, strength or counsel? The Holy Spirit is our Comforter, Counselor and Strengthener. Are you in need of help? You do not have to “do good all by yourself.” Ask for the Holy Spirit’s help. One verse we all know and like to quote is “Then He answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.” (Zechariah 4v6, KJV). The Holy Spirit also intercedes for us, advocates for us, stands by us, and strengthens us. He can be relied on. We can ponder and say, how has the Holy Spirit been doing all of this in my life already, whether I acknowledge it or not, and how can I enjoy His presence and build more that intimate fellowship with Him?

Supplementary Text
“The grace (favor and spiritual blessing) of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the presence and fellowship (the communion and sharing together, and participation) in the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen (so be it).” 2 Corinthians 13v14 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You so much for this day and that You have not left me alone. I thank You so much for Your Holy Spirit in me and with me. I pray for the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. Spirit of the living God, I know You are here dwelling with me and in me, teach me how to fellowship with You, in Jesus name, amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts