Another Comforter


Hello everyone,
How are you doing today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“But now I am going to Him Who sent Me, yet none of you asks Me, Where are You going? But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts [taken complete possession of them]. However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you].” John 16v5-7 (AMP)

Our Lord Jesus told the disciples that it was expedient (necessary, beneficial, best for you, for your good, better) for the disciples that He goes away. Indeed now as children of God, we have the Spirit of Christ. Jesus being all-knowing said it was better for Him to go so that the Holy Spirit could come – He said it and so it settles it. Who then is the Holy Spirit to us? We know that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ do not belong to Him (Romans 8v9), but “The true children of God are those who let God’s Spirit lead them.” (Romans 8v14, NCV). We also know that from Galatians 5v22-23 (AMP) that the “… fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness, Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge].” Hallelujah. Let the Spirit of God lead you. Submit to His authority, say Holy Spirit, have Your way in my life.

Supplementary Text
“The grace (favor and spiritual blessing) of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the presence and fellowship (the communion and sharing together, and participation) in the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen (so be it).” 2 Corinthians 13v14 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You so much for this day and that You have not left me alone. I thank You so much for Your Holy Spirit in me and with me. I pray for the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. Spirit of the living God, I know You are here dwelling with me and in me, teach me how to fellowship with You, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts