Answered Prayers

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
If a person does not dwell in Me, he is thrown out like a [broken-off] branch, and withers; such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire, and they are burned. If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.” John 15v6-7 (AMP)

“If anyone separates from me, he is thrown away like a useless branch, withers, and is gathered into a pile with all the others and burned. But if you stay in me and obey my commands, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted!” John 15v6-7 (TLB)

The Bible here provides insights to how to get our prayers answered. This is by abiding in Christ and letting His words abide in us. When we remain in Christ, abide in Him, stay vitally connected to Him, know His heart, live in Him, and His words - that which reveals His will to us stays alive in our hearts –, we can ask whatever we will and it will be done for us. In parallel to this verse is 1 John 5v14&15 (AMP) which says “And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us. And if (since) we [positively] know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted us as our present possessions] the requests made of Him.” If we abide in Christ and His word abides in us, we would be able to ask things according to His will, because we would have a knowledge of His likes and dislikes. The reverse is the case for a person who refuses to dwell in the Lord, and separates his or herself from Him. That choice reflects the fact that the person wants nothing to do with the Lord and in turn is cast off and put away from the Lord. Children of God, let us abide in Christ and remain virtually connected to Him; without Him we can do nothing (John 15v5), for it is in Him we live and move and have our being (Acts 17v28).  

Prayer
Our Father and our God, we thank You for Your Word. We ask for mercy for anyway we have separated from You, we come back to You this day and ask for the grace to remain ever connected to You in Jesus name, amen.

Perhaps you have never established your relationship with the Lord, or made Jesus your Lord and personal Saviour, committing to following Him, remaining and abiding in Him – the Bible says For if you tell others with your own mouth that Jesus Christ is your Lord and believe in your own heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in his heart that a man becomes right with God; and with his mouth he tells others of his faith, confirming his salvation.”  Romans 10v9-10 (TLB)

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.


If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts