Through the eyes of God

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain and snow come down from the heavens, and return not there again, but water the earth and make it bring forth and sprout, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” Isaiah 55v8-11 (AMP)

We need to see our lives and situations through the eyes of God. I am reading a book called the Release of the Spirit by Watchman Nee. In it, the author distinguishes between our spirit (the inward man), the soul (the outward man) and the body (the outermost man). The basic premise of the book is that God wants to work through us, through our spirit where the Spirit of the Lord dwells, but the outward man becomes a barrier that doesn’t allow the workings of God to come through. The author writes “The Holy Spirit has not ceased working. He makes sure one event after another and one difficulty after another come to us. These disciplinary workings of the Holy Spirit have but one purpose – to break our outward man so that our inward man may come through. Yet here is our difficulty—we fret over trifles, we murmur at small losses, and we complain about insignificant things. The Lord is ever finding and preparing a way in order to use us. Yet when His hand slightly touches us, we begin to feel unhappy—even to the extent of quarreling with God and having a negative attitude. Since the time when we were saved, we have been touched by the Lord many times in various ways—all with the purpose of breaking our outward man. Whether we are conscious of it or not, the aim of the Lord is to break this stubborn vessel called our outward man.” Now I know these are deep teachings, but we ask for example to grow in the fruit of the Spirit – love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. How would we grow in patience if we are not put in situations where patience has to grow? And you can imagine what these sort of situations would look like. How would we grow in love if we are only surrounded by those who deeply love us and would do anything for us? Let’s reflect on these and may we indeed allow God to mold us and make us vessels unto honour in Jesus name, amen.

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. I thank You for Your hand upon my life and Your plans for my life. I thank You because You want to use me. Father, I submit to You and to Your work in my life. Help me to recognize Your hand. Help me to yield to You and be a vessel unto honour in Jesus name, amen.

  

Comments

Popular Posts