His Presence

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Happy new month. One of my favorite passages in Scripture is found in Exodus 33, and it is a dialogue between Moses and the Lord, where Moses is asking for the Lord’s presence to be with Him.

Primary Text
“Moses said to the Lord, See, You say to me, Bring up this people, but You have not let me know whom You will send with me. Yet You said, I know you by name and you have also found favor in My sight. Now therefore, I pray You, if I have found favor in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You [progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with You, perceiving and recognizing and understanding more strongly and clearly] and that I may find favor in Your sight. And [Lord, do] consider that this nation is Your people. And the Lord said, My Presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest. And Moses said to the Lord, If Your Presence does not go with me, do not carry us up from here! For by what shall it be known that I and Your people have found favor in Your sight? Is it not in Your going with us so that we are distinguished, I and Your people, from all the other people upon the face of the earth? And the Lord said to Moses, I will do this thing also that you have asked, for you have found favor, loving-kindness, and mercy in My sight and I know you personally and by name.” Exodus 33v12-17 (AMP)
  
Moses was asking God, I want to know Your way. As the Amplified put it, I want to “progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with You, perceiving and recognizing and understanding more strongly and clearly…” Hallelujah. May this be our prayer today. Apart from that, he was wondering, Lord, You are sending me on this assignment, You said You know me by name, and I have found grace in Your sight, but You haven’t told me who You are sending with me. God’s response – “My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest”; “I will personally go with You, Moses, and I will give you rest – everything will be fine with you.” We see in the lives of people like Gideon and Joseph and David as well, where the Bible records that God was with them. Do you know that as children of God, God is with us? He has given us His Spirit, the third Person in the Trinity, to be with us forever. Our Lord Jesus said in John 14v16-17 (KJV) “And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.” The Holy Spirit lives in us and is with us, helping us to fulfill God’s purpose and assignment for our lives. May we be responsive to, guided by and controlled by Him in Jesus name, amen.

Prayer

Father we thank You so much for today. We thank You for Your presence. We thank You for Your Spirit, the Spirit of truth, in us and with us. We pray to know Your ways o God, to know You and progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with You, perceiving and recognizing and understanding more strongly and clearly. We pray for Your continued favour O God. We pray that Your Presence will be with us forever and that You will grant us rest in Jesus name, amen. We pray, where Your Presence won’t go with us, do not let us go in Jesus name, amen. Thank You Father, Son and Holy Spirit in Jesus name we pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts