Blessed are the pure in heart

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
Blessed (happy, enviably fortunate, and spiritually prosperous—possessing the happiness produced by the experience of God’s favor and especially conditioned by the revelation of His grace, regardless of their outward conditions) are the pure in heart, for they shall see God!” Matthew 5v8 (AMP)

One of the things God cares about is the condition of our heart. 1 Samuel 16v7 (KJV) says “But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.” As we look through scripture, we find different kinds of hearts: a wise heart, a discerning heart, a whole and blameless heart, a willing heart, a pure heart, a peaceful heart, a strong heart, a discouraged heart, an obstinate heart, a heart of stone, a heart of flesh, a wicked heart, a despairing heart, a trembling heart, a heart that doesn’t understand, an upright heart, a hearing heart, a merry heart, a good heart, a perfect heart, a honest heart, a rebellious heart, a lying heart, and so on. However, the Lord knows the heart of all men, and in Proverbs 23v26 (AMP) He says, “My son, give me your heart and let your eyes observe and delight in My ways.”  Whatever the state of your heart is, a request is being made – give me your heart. Joel 2v12 (TLB) says “That is why the Lord says, “Turn to Me now, while there is time. Give me all your hearts. Come with fasting, weeping, mourning.” What is your response to God? Some have refused to give God their hearts, as we see in Psalm 78v8 (TLB): “Thus they did not need to be as their fathers were – stubborn, rebellious, unfaithful, refusing to give their hearts to God.” One category of people who are blessed are those with pure hearts. Is your heart pure today or does it need a cleansing or renewal. Are you in need of a new heart? Ezekiel 36v25-27 (TLB) says “’Then it will be as though I had sprinkled clean water on you, for you will be clean – your filthiness will be washed away, your idol worship gone. And I will give you a new heart – I will give you new and right desires – and put a new spirit within you. I will take out your stony hearts of sin and give you new hearts of love. And I will put my Spirit within you so that you will obey my laws and do whatever I command.”

Prayer

Father, give me a heart that is responsive to You. I desire a new heart, a heart of flesh that loves You, a pure heart, undefiled and totally sold out to You. Please do what You must to give me this heart in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts