Remember Those in Bonds

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His mercies, His grace, His lovingkindness, and His tendermercies. As believers, we are encouraged to remember those that are in bonds, and those who suffer adversity.

Primary Text: Hebrews 13v3
“Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.” Hebrews 13v3

“Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.” Hebrews 13v3 (NIV)

“Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself. Remember also those being mistreated, as if you felt their pain in your own bodies.” Hebrews 13v3 (NLT)

God answers prayers, and the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much (James 5v16).

Supplementary Texts
“The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain: But, when he was in Rome, he sought me out very diligently, and found me.” 2 Timothy 1v15-17 (KJV)

“And He will cause the sheep to stand at His right hand, but the goats at His left. Then the King will say to those at His right hand, Come, you blessed of My Father [you favored of God and appointed to eternal salvation], inherit (receive as your own) the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you brought Me together with yourselves and welcomed and entertained and lodged Me, I was naked and you clothed Me, I was sick and you visited Me with help and ministering care, I was in prison and you came to see Me. Then the just and upright will answer Him, Lord, when did we see You hungry and gave You food, or thirsty and gave You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger and welcomed and entertained You, or naked and clothed You? And when did we see You sick or in prison and came to visit You? And the King will reply to them, Truly I tell you, in so far as you did it for one of the least [in the estimation of men] of these brethren, you did it for Me.” Matthew 25v33-40

God here is saying, when we serve the least of people, we are serving Him. Let us remember those in bonds, and those suffering affliction, and may we be blessed as we do so in Jesus name, amen.

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. I pray for Your grace, Your mercy and Your deliverance upon those in bonds and those being afflicted right now. Father, please show Yourself strong on their behalf in Jesus name, amen. Help me dear Lord to serve and be a channel of blessing to even those considered the least in men’s estimation; help me to see people as You see them in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts