For the time…


Hello everyone,
How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“For the time …” 1 Peter 4v17 (KJV)

Time is a very important commodity. A second once gone can never be retrieved again. How are you spending your time? Psalm 90v12 (NIV) says “Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” I very recently became more diligent about the money I spend, and what my dad said to me rings through that just because you have money in hand doesn’t mean you have money. For instance, if you truly budget your money for a month, you will find that all the cash you have today isn’t for spending, because God’s own part (the tithe, offerings), today, tomorrow, next tomorrow’s, next week’s expenses, savings, food money, transport money, … are demanded of that money. Now applying this to your time. My mum will say, you think you have time (but you don’t). What is the time you have today supposed to be used for, and what are you reeaaaaaally using it for? “There’s an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on the earth:” [Ecclesiastes 3v1 (MSG)]. However “A fool hath no delight in understanding …” (Proverbs 18v2, KJV). In Julius Caesar, Brutus mentions “There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life Is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat, And we must take the current when it serves, Or lose our ventures.” May we do the right thing at the right time in Jesus name, amen. One thing that needs to be done (if not already), is to get saved – and believe on the Lord Jesus.  2 Corinthians 6v2 (NLT) says “For God says, “At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you.” Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of salvation.” Don’t put off making that decision any longer – it determines how you will spend your time here on earth and in eternity!

Supplementary Text
“Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people), Making the very most of the time [buying up each opportunity], because the days are evil. Therefore do not be vague and thoughtless and foolish, but understanding and firmly grasping what the will of the Lord is.” Ephesians 5v14-17 (AMP)

Prayer
Heavenly Father we thank You so much Your wisdom and pray that You will teach us to number our days that we might apply our hearts unto wisdom. For You have said if any man lacks wisdom, let Him ask of God who gives to all men generously without finding fault, and it will be given to him. We pray this believing You will do this and with thanksgiving, in Jesus name, amen.

And perhaps you do not even know Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, and you want to have a relationship with Him. The Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”  Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

www.beeencouraged.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular Posts