Prayer (2)



 Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.” 1 Peter 4v7 (KJV)

Prayer is very important in the life of a believer. Prayer is communicating with God, acknowledging Him in every situation, asking for one thing or the other. 1 Peter 4v7 (NLT) says “The end of the world is coming soon. Therefore, be earnest and disciplined in your prayers.” We are to pray at all times, with all kinds of prayer (see Ephesians 6v18 below). When to pray? When in trouble or anxious or worried, we pray. Psalm 18v3 (AMP) says “I will call upon the Lord, Who is to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.” When we have fears or are in need of help, we pray. Psalm 34v4-7, (AMP) tells us “I prayed to the LORD, and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. In my desperation I prayed, and the LORD listened; He saved me from all my troubles. For the angel of the LORD is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear Him.” Amen.

Supplementary Text
Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God’s consecrated people).” (Ephesians 6v18, AMP).

Prayer
Heavenly Father we thank You so much for another day and for Your Word. Father we pray for the Spirit of grace and supplication to rest upon us. We pray for a baptism in the Spirit for as many of Your children that do not have it. Have Your way in our lives, in Jesus name, amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts