Even in weakness and in fear


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.” 1 Corinthians 2v3 (KJV)

“And I was in (passed into a state of) weakness and fear (dread) and great trembling [after I had come] among you.” 1 Corinthians 2v3 (AMP)

“I came to you in weakness – timid and trembling.” 1 Corinthians 2v3 (NLT)

“I was unsure of how to go about this, and felt totally inadequate – I was scared to death, if you want the truth of it – and so nothing I said could have impressed you or anyone else.” 1 Corinthians 2v3 (MSG)

Have you ever been in a state of weakness and fear because of wanting to, having to, or thinking of sharing the gospel? Perhaps there is a co-worker, a friend, a family member, an employee, a loved one or even a stranger that you want to share the gospel with and the thought of it is bringing about much fear and trepidation. It is good to see that even the Apostle Paul was in a situation like this – feeling unsure about how to go about it, and feeling inadequate. But we thank God that it is not about us but about Him. John 14v16 (KJV) says “Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in My name, He may give it you.” Remember, the Lord God empowers us by His Spirit to do that which we need to do, and so we can rejoice in our insufficiencies for His strength is made perfect in our weakness (2 Corinthians 12v9).

Supplementary Text
“And my language and my message were not set forth in persuasive (enticing and plausible) words of wisdom, but they were in demonstration of the [Holy] Spirit and power [a proof by the Spirit and power of God, operating on me and stirring in the minds of my hearers the most holy emotions and thus persuading them], So that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men (human philosophy), but in the power of God.” 1 Corinthians 2v4-5 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your Word. We thank You for Your goodness and Your faithfulness. We pray for the Spirit and power of God to preach and share the good news of God in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts