The heart of man


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His goodness, grace and that He is a God that answers prayers. Hallelujah.

Primary Text
“For what person perceives (knows and understands) what passes through a man’s thoughts except the man’s own spirit within him? ...” 1 Corinthians 2v11 (AMP)

This is a true fact. Proverbs 26v23 (NLT) says “Smooth words may hide a wicked heart, just as a pretty glaze covers a clay pot.” But God sees the hearts of people. As we know from 1 Samuel 16v7 (AMP) “But the Lord said to Samuel, Look not on his appearance or at the height of his stature, for I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” May God give us the spirit of discernment, and may we be quick to consult the Lord on different issues. We see the example of Joshua and the elders, when they were deceived by the Gibeonites into making a covenant with them (Joshua 9). The Gibeonites had told Joshua and the Israelites that they had come from a very distant country, when in fact they had come from a nearby place. But they were afraid because of how Jericho and Ai had been destroyed. Unfortunately the Israelites did not inquire of the LORD, who knows all things, and could have prevented them from being deceived. Are you considering going into a relationship of sorts, a business deal, deciding on a church to go to – inquire from the Lord. Though we can be deceived into thinking something looks good but it isn’t and vice versa, the Lord cannot be deceived. Also, if you are the one being deceitful, be careful, you cannot deceive the Lord. Jeremiah 17v9-10 (NIV) says “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? “I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve.”

Supplementary Text
“Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Psalm 139v23-24 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, we thank You for You see every heart. Father, please search me thoroughly, and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts. See if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Purge me of everything that is not of You that I might be a partaker of Your glory. Father, also grant me a discerning spirit, to be able to know what is true and false, and help me to be quick to inquire of you, on every matter. Thank You Father in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts