Our Redemption


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“But it is from Him that you have your life in Christ Jesus, Whom God made our Wisdom from God, [revealed to us a knowledge of the divine plan of salvation previously hidden, manifesting itself as] our Righteousness [thus making us upright and putting us in right standing with God], and our Consecration [making us pure and holy], and our Redemption [providing our ransom from eternal penalty for sin].” 1 Corinthians 1v30 (AMP)

Not only is Jesus made our Wisdom, Righteousness, and Consecration, He has also been made our Redemption. Romans 3v23 (NIV) says “for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God,” and Romans 6v23 (NIV) tells us “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Thank God for the redemption of our souls. Instead of us having to die for the sins that we committed, Christ died in our stead. He paid the price for us. Whereas we would have been condemned to die, He took our place by shedding His blood for us. Hebrews 9v22 says “[In fact] under the Law almost everything is purified by means of blood, and without the shedding of blood there is neither release from sin and its guilt nor the remission of the due and merited punishment for sins.” And while Hebrews 10v4 (AMP) shows us that “… the blood of bulls and goats is powerless to take sins away”, in Christ Jesus we have redemption. Colossians 1v14 (AMP) says “In Whom we have our redemption through His blood, [which means] the forgiveness of our sins.” Have you given your life to Christ?

Supplementary Text
With His own blood – not the blood of goats and calves – He entered the Most Holy Place once for all time and secured our redemption forever... That is why He is the one who mediates a new covenant between God and people, so that all who are called can receive the eternal inheritance God has promised them. For Christ died to set them free from the penalty of the sins they had committed under that first covenant.” Hebrews 9v12, 15 (NLT)

--
Perhaps you do not even know Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, and you want to have a relationship with Him. The Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”  Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts