The Spirit and Power


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for His goodness, His faithfulness, His mercies, and His lovingkindness. We thank Him for the salvation of our souls and for His Holy Spirit in us and with us as believers (John 14v17).

Primary Text
“My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power,” 1 Corinthians 2v4 (NIV)

“But the Message came through anyway. God’s Spirit and God’s power did it,…” 1 Corinthians 2v4 (MSG)

“And my language and my message were not set forth in persuasive (enticing and plausible) words of wisdom, but they were in demonstration of the [Holy] Spirit and power [a proof of the Spirit and power of God, operating on me and stirring in the minds of my hearers the most holy emotions and thus persuading them],” 1 Corinthians 2v4 (AMP)

Before our Lord Jesus ascended to heaven, He had told the disciples to wait in Jerusalem for the promise of the Father (Acts 1v4), Acts 1v8 (NLT) saying “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be My witnesses, telling people about Me everywhere – in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Though Paul indicated in 1 Corinthians 2v3 (MSG) that when he had come to the Corinthians “I was unsure of how to go about this, and felt totally inadequate – I was scared to death, if you want the truth of it – and so nothing I said could have impressed you or anyone else.” Yet, we see that he didn’t try to conjure up persuasive or clever words, but depended on the Holy Spirit. Jesus haven said to the disciples that the power to witness would be given when the Spirit came on them. Child of God, are you looking to witness and share the gospel? Don’t rely on your own strength, don’t consider your own inadequacies, instead rely on the Holy Spirit and let Him do a mighty work through you.

Supplementary Text
“And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit.” 1 Corinthians 2v4 (NLT)

Prayer
Father, we thank You so much for this day and for Your Word. Father, we ask that You will anoint us with Your Holy Spirit and with Your power, that we may go about doing good and spreading the good news of who Jesus is, His death and resurrection and all that it means for us in Jesus name, amen. Holy Spirit of God, we rely on You this day to help us in Jesus name, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts