Eternal Life

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“As Thou hast given Him power over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as Thou hast given Him. And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent.” John 17v2-3 (KJV)

“[Just as] You have granted Him power and authority over all flesh (all humankind), [now glorify Him] so that He may give eternal life to all whom You have given Him. And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.” John 17v3 (AMP)

Beloved, do you know, perceive, recognize, are acquainted with and understand the one true and real God? Do you know, perceive, recognize, are acquainted with and understand Jesus as the Christ? Then you have eternal life. I find this very profound, that eternal life is not just about everlasting life/a life spent with God in all eternity, but a relationship and a knowing that begins from the moment we become Christ’s. In 1 John 1v1-3 (TLB), the apostle John says “Christ was alive when the world began, yet I myself have seen Him with my own eyes and listened to Him speak. I have touched Him with my own hands. He is God’s message of life. This one who is life from God has been shown to us, and we guarantee that we have seen Him; I am speaking of Christ, who is eternal Life. He was with the Father and then was shown to us. Again I say, we are telling you about what we ourselves have actually seen and heard, so that you may share the fellowship and the joys we have with the Father and with Jesus Christ his son.” The difference between those who have eternal life is very clearly seen in the lives of the believer versus the non-believer, because the non-believer is not able to really know, perceive, recognize, be acquainted with or understand God and the Lord Jesus Christ. But we as believers can and do, and enjoy a sweet fellowship as a result of that. Thank God for this eternal life.

Prayer
Perhaps you do not have eternal life today and you would love to come to know God, the Bible says “For if you tell others with your own mouth that Jesus Christ is your Lord and believe in your own heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in his heart that a man becomes right with God; and with his mouth he tells others of his faith, confirming his salvation.”  Romans 10v9-10 (TLB)

You can say a prayer like this: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.


If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts