Hear, and take heed what you hear

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“And He said to them, Be careful what you are hearing. The measure [of thought and study] you give [to the truth you hear] will be the measure [of virtue and knowledge] that comes back to you—and more [besides] will be given to you who hear. For to him who has will more be given; and from him who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away [by force],” Mark 4v24-25 (AMP)

Beloved, the Lord will have us to hear and be careful about what we are hearing. Mark 4v9 (NIV) says “Then Jesus said, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”” Proverbs 19v27 (AMP) tell us “Cease, my son, to hear instruction only to ignore it and stray from the words of knowledge.” In Scripture, we find various instructions concerning what we listen to. Indeed there are certain things God says it is good for us to listen and hearken to. Let us look at a few of them. Proverbs 4v20-22 (KJV) says “My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.” In Revelations it is repeatedly said “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches” (Revelations 2v29). The Lord will therefore have us hear what the Spirit of God is saying to the church. Importantly as well, God will have us listen to wisdom; the fear of the Lord being the beginning of wisdom (Psalm 111v10). Proverbs 1v23-26 & 33 (AMP) says “If you will turn (repent) and give heed to my reproof, behold, I [Wisdom] will pour out my spirit upon you, I will make my words known to you. Because I have called and you have refused [to answer] have stretched out my hand and no man has heeded it, And you treated as nothing all my counsel and would accept none of my reproof, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when the thing comes that shall cause you terror and panic … But whose hearkens to me [Wisdom] shall dwell securely and in confident trust and shall be quiet, without fear or dread or evil.”

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. I pray o God that You will give me ears that hear. Help me to hear and heed to Your instructions in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts