Overcoming Discouragement (2)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Another way to overcome discouragement is to praise God who is our Help and our God. The Psalmist says:

Primary Text:
“Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and my God.” Psalm 42v5

Someone close to me usually talks about the time between “thus saith the Lord” and “It came to pass.” You might have received a word from God, from the Scriptures like, all will be well, or that by the stripes of Jesus we are healed; or you might be praying and believing God for something in particular. During this “time between”, sometimes we might get discouraged. Abraham is a great example of someone who had a huge “time between.” Yet he believed God. Yes, there were times when he (and his wife) were probably discouraged. But the Bible says Abraham believed God, and gave glory to Him. When the enemy comes with discouragement, respond with praise. Knowing that God is faithful and able to do what He has promised. He never fails. As someone said – “God said it, I believe it, and that settles it.” Glory be to God! Respond with praise.

Supplementary Text:
“He did not weaken in faith when he considered the [utter] impotence of his own body, which was as good as dead because he was about a hundred years old, or [when he considered] the barrenness of Sarah's [deadened] womb. No unbelief or distrust made him waver (doubtingly question) concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong and was empowered by faith as he gave praise and glory to God, Fully satisfied and assured that God was able and mighty to keep His word and to do what He had promised. That is why his faith was credited to him as righteousness (right standing with God).” Romans 4v19-22 (AMP)
Prayer

Father, I thank You so much for today. You are indeed my strength and my hope. My eyes are on You now o God, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts