Grace be to you

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, …” 1 Timothy 1v2 (KJV)

2 Corinthians 12v9-10 (AMP) says “But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength).” I love the grace of God, and there are some verses that bring such encouragement about it. The verses above let us know that strength and power of God is even most effective when we are weak; and that the strength and power of Christ can pitch a tent over us when we are weak. Hebrews 4v14-16 (NIV) also says “Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are – yet He did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” From this verse, we see that we have a high priest, a great one, and His name is Jesus Christ. He understands what we are going through, and He will have us come to the throne of grace, so that we can receive grace and mercy. We don’t have to struggle through our temptations, trials, difficulties, and beat ourselves over the head trying to solve it on our own. Not at all, we can come to Him, for He understands. In Matthew 11v28-30 (MSG) the Bible says ““Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to Me. Get away with Me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with Me and work with Me – watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with Me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Hallelujah. Go to Jesus today with your cares and burdens. He cares for you, He is a good Shepherd who cares.

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. I pray this day that Your strength be made perfect in my every spiritual, physical, and emotional weakness. I pray that the power and strength of Christ will pitch a tent over me this day in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts