Overcoming Discouragement (3)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. There is a song which goes: “When I think of the goodness of Jesus, and all He has done for me, my very soul will shout hallelujah, praise God for saving me.” Remembrance is a good way to overcome discouragement. If you are feeling down for any reason, take some time out to think back about the goodness of God to us. One thing the children of Israel kept doing was to forget. But David said:

Primary Text
“Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again – my Savior and my God! Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember You – even from distant Mount Hermon, the source of the Jordan, from the land of Mount Mizar.” Psalm 42v5-6 (NLT)

David said, I will remember. Are you discouraged tonight? Now is the time to remember what God has done for you before. Even just remembering His Word, His works, His wonders. For instance, how He loved the world so much that He sent His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life (John 3v16), and then in Romans 8v31-32 (NLT), the Bible says “What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since He did not spare even His own Son but gave Him up for us all, won’t He also give us everything else.” So child of God, don’t be discouraged. God cares and He loves you very very very much. Remember what He has done in time past. He has not changed!

Supplementary Text
“Our fathers understood not Thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of Thy mercies; but provoked Him at the sea, even at the Red Sea.” Psalm 106v7 (KJV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You so much for today. Father, cause me to remember again all that You have done for me in Jesus name, amen.






Comments

Popular Posts