Overcoming Discouragement

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Sometimes in life, a situation may pose itself in such a way that it could bring discouragement. It could be that you have tried something several times, and it isn’t working, or you can look around and realize, in your own strength, and capacity, and based on the time that you have, things just won’t work. One way to overcome discouragement, is to remain hopeful. The Psalmist says:

Primary Text
“Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and my God.” Psalm 42v5 (AMPC)

“Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues? Fix my eyes on God – soon I’ll be praising again. He puts a smile on my face. He’s my God.” Psalm 42v5 (MSG)

The Psalmist said to his soul – hope in God. Children of God, hope in God, and wait expectantly for Him. David for example was in a very discouraging situation. He and his men had gone to fight. In their absence, the Amalekites had raided them and taken away their women and children. The men were devastated, David was devastated. What do you do in a situation like that? Hard as it may seem, put your hope in God. The men began to talk of stoning David, but David found strength in God. Yes, the situation may seem so dire, but God still reigns and He can turn everything around for good. Put your hope in God. There is nothing too difficult for Him.
  
Supplementary Text
“Three days later, when David and his men arrived home at their town of Ziklag, they found that the Amalekites had made a raid into the Negev and Ziklag; they had crushed Ziklag and burned it to the ground. They had carried off the women and children and everyone else but without killing anyone. When David and his men saw the ruins and realized what had happened to their families, they wept until they could weep no more. David’s two wives, Ahinoam from Jezreel and Abigail, the widow of Nabal from Carmel, were among those captured. David was now in great danger because all his men were very bitter about losing their sons and daughters, and they began to talk of stoning him. But David found strength in the LORD his God.” 1 Samuel 30v1-6 (NLT)

Prayer
Father, I thank You so much for today. You are indeed my strength and my hope. My eyes are on You now o God, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts