... for the Lord gives wisdom

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. One of the beautiful things that the Lord gives to His children is direction. Sometimes, we are uncertain about what to do, how to do it, when to do it, what to say, how to say it, when to say it e.t.c. James 1v5 (English Standard Version) tells us that “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”

Wisdom is so important. In fact, it is called the principal thing. Proverbs 24v3-4 (English Standard Version) says “By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.” And God gives wisdom generously. Proverbs 2v1-8 (New Living Translation) says “My child, listen to what I say, and treasure my commands. Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. Search for them as you would for silver; seek them like hidden treasures. Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God. For the Lord grants wisdom! From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to Him.

So what is it that is troubling you that you need counsel and insight about? Why not call unto the Most High God, the Possessor of heaven and earth, who knows all things and sees all things. He tells us in Jeremiah 33v3 (Amplified Version) that “Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden, which you do not know (do not distinguish and recognize, have knowledge of and understand)”.

Prayer

Father, I thank You so much for Your generosity in giving us wisdom. Lord, I pray for godly wisdom in every area of my life. I pray too that I will be quick to turn to You for guidance and direction for everything and in all things, not leaning on my own understanding, but trusting in You, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts