The Stability of Faith (2)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Yesterday, we considered how the stability of faith is based on the fact that it rests on the Word of God which is unshakeable and unmovable. We noted that we need to hold tight to the Word and occupy ourselves with it; but first, we need to dig into the Word of God.

It rests on us to meditate, and know the Word of God. The Psalmist says in Psalm 119v11 (New International Version) that “I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” Lord, grant us the grace to hide Your Word in our hearts. That Your Word will become our reality, in the face of competing thoughts and arguments; that we can be certain always, how and what You want us to do. Romans 12v2 (New Living Translation) for example says “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.”

Psalm 119v12-16 (New International Version) says “Praise be to You, Lord; teach me Your decrees. With my lips I recount all the laws that come from Your mouth. I rejoice in following Your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on Your precepts and consider Your ways.  I delight in Your decrees; I will not neglect your Word.” May this indeed be our prayer and our confession in Jesus name, amen.

Prayer
Our Father and our God, we thank You for Your powerful and awesome Word. Thank You because Your Word is You speaking to us. We delight in it and desire it. We pray that each time we read Your Word, You will speak to us and that You will open the eyes of our understanding to behold wonderful things in it. Thank You Holy Spirit for You will guide us into all the truth, lead us, and teach us. Blessed be Your holy name o God forevermore. Give me an insatiable desire for Your Word in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts