The Stability of Faith (4)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. For the past few days we have been looking at the stability of faith, noting that faith is certain and sure because it is based on something concrete and immoveable – the Word of God. We mentioned how it is important for us to dig deep into the Word of God. Today, we consider some of what God promises His children.

One of my personal favorites is not to be afraid. Isaiah 41v10 (Classic Amplified Version) says “Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” In addition, John 6v33 (Classic Amplified Version) says “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]”

God also assures us of His being with us always, even living in us. John 14v16-17 (Classic Amplified Version) says “ And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever— The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.” In 1 John 4v4 (New International Version) tells us “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”

Indeed He assures us of His provision and protection, Psalm 23v1 (English Standard Version) saying that “The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want.” Beloved, let us hold fast to what God has said concerning every situation. Let us dig deep into His Word and occupy ourselves with it.

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your Word which is true and unchanging. We thank You for Your love and care of us. Daddy, continue to give us an unquenching thirst and love for Your Word in Jesus name, amen. Open our eyes to behold wondrous things from it in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts