Come to the Light

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. John 3v17-18 (Classic Amplified Version) says “God did not send His Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it. “There is no eternal doom awaiting those who trust him to save them. But those who don’t trust him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only Son of God. Their sentence is based on this fact: that the Light from heaven came into the world, but they loved the darkness more than the Light, for their deeds were evil. They hated the heavenly Light because they wanted to sin in the darkness. They stayed away from that Light for fear their sins would be exposed and they would be punished. But those doing right come gladly to the Light to let everyone see that they are doing what God wants them to” (John 3v17-21; The Living Bible).

Beloved, God didn’t send Jesus into the world to condemn you, but to save you. Come to His light. The Psalmist in Psalm 139v23-24 (New International Version) says “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” We can come to the Lord to do a deep and cleansing work in us. Proverbs 20v9 (King James Version) says “Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?”

But 1 John 1v7 (Classic Amplified Version) says “But if we [really] are living and walking in the Light, as He [Himself] is in the Light, we have [true, unbroken] fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses (removes) us from all sin and guilt [keeps us cleansed from sin in all its forms and manifestations].” Later in the chapter, verse 9 tells us “But if we confess our sins to Him, He can be depended on to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. And it is perfectly proper for God to do this for us because Christ died to wash away our sins.” Child of God, God loves you and wants you to draw near and walk in the Light. Do not let sin and condemnation keep you away. If there is anything that has caused you to err, come back to the Lord and come clean with Him, knowing He can be trusted to cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

Prayer
Do you need to come clean with the Lord. Why don’t you do so now. And if you do not have a relationship with God at all, the Bible says He loved the world including you so much that He gave His Son to die for us. If you believe that His Son Jesus Christ did pay that price and you accept it, then you can pray this prayer:

Heavenly Father, I come to You today, acknowledging that I am a sinner in need of Your forgiveness. I accept that Jesus came to save me and not to condemn me and ask Him to be my Saviour. I believe that He is the Son of God and ask Him to be Lord over my life. I thank You for making me Yours. In Jesus name I pray, amen.


If you said this prayer, we welcome you into the family of God. We thank God for your life and know that He has given you His Spirit to live in you. Do look for a Bible believing church to attend. 

Comments

Popular Posts