Fruits of Righteousness


Dearly beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for this is the day that He has made and we will rejoice in it. One prayer that Paul prayed for the church in Philippi, was “Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God” Philippians 1v11 (KJV). These fruits of righteousness are possible through our union with Christ Jesus, and God will have us abound in them. John 15 establishes the fact that apart from the Lord, we can do nothing. Verses 4 and 5 (ESV) say “Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.” Amen.

Of our Lord Jesus, it was said “You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy” Hebrews 1v9 (NIV). On our own, we cannot be righteous and we cannot bring forth fruits of righteousness. However, through Christ, we have been made righteous. 2 Corinthians 5v21 (AMPC) says “For our sake He made Christ [virtually] to be sin Who knew no sin, so that in and through Him we might become [endued with, viewed as being in, and examples of] the righteousness of God [what we ought to be, approved and acceptable and in right relationship with Him, by His goodness].” Amen.

Question is, have you accepted the sacrifice Jesus paid for you, and believe in Him that you might become righteous and in right standing with God? If you would like to accept Jesus as your Lord and personal Saviour, and you want to have a relationship with Him. The Bible says:
“If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”  Romans 10v9-10 (NIV)

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome to God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts