His Good Work in You (3)


Dearly Beloved, I trust this finds you well and bubbling in the Lord. We continue looking at Philippians 1v6 (NIV) which says that “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” Now, God is the One who began this work and He will lead us into this work and guide us into this work. One of my favorite verses of scripture is Psalm 32v8 (NLT) which says “The LORD says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” Verse 9 however cautions us saying “Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.” Walk with God and work with God. Don’t resist Him or push Him away. Say Lord, this work You are doing in me, I yield to it. Reveal it to me, and show me what You will have me do.

Philippians 2v12-13 (NLT) says “Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.” Verse 13 in The Classic Amplified Bible is put this way “[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.”

Prayer
Father, we thank You for this good work which You have begun in us. We thank You because You will lead us in the best pathway for our lives. We yield to Your guidance o God. We thank You because You give us the willingness and the desire to please You. How great You are. We love and appreciate You. All this we pray with thanksgiving in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts