Understanding!

Hello everyone,
How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text: Psalm 119v34
“Give me understanding, that I may keep Your law; yes, I will observe it with my whole heart.” Psalm 119v34 (AMP)

“Give me understanding and I will obey Your instructions; I will put them into practice with all my heart.” Psalm 119v34 (NLT)

“Help me understand, so I can keep Your teachings, obeying them with all my heart.” Psalm 119v33 (NCV)

In my language, there is a phrase which says– “ko kan ye ni” which means, he just doesn’t understand. It is used in the context of when someone does something that begs the response – why would they do that? – and the explanation would be, he just doesn’t understand… basically, because he lacked understanding, he could not have acted in another way. In Luke 24v45, the Bible says Jesus opened their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures. David said, give me understanding, that I may keep your laws, and obey it to the end. Lord, grant us understanding that we may keep Your teachings.

Supplementary Text
“With the Lord’s authority I say this: Live no longer as the Gentiles do, for they are hopelessly confused. Their minds are full of darkness; they wander far from the life God gives because they have closed their minds and hardened their hearts against Him.” Ephesians 4v17&18 (NLT)

“For this reason we also, from the day we heard of it, have not ceased to pray and make [special] request for you, [asking] that you may be filled with the full (deep and clear) knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom [in comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God] and in understanding and discernment of spiritual things -- That you may walk (live and conduct yourselves) in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him and desiring to please Him in all things, bearing fruit in every good work and steadily growing and increasing in and by the knowledge of God [with fuller, deeper, and clearer insight, acquaintance, and recognition].” Colossians 1v9-10 (AMP)

“asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope He has given to those He called – His holy people who are His rich and glorious inheritance.” Ephesians 1v17&18 (NLT)

“Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,” Luke 24v45 (KJV)

“Brethren, do not be children [immature] in your thinking; continue to be babes in [matters of] evil, but in your minds be mature [men].” 1 Corinthians 14v20 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You so much for Your Word. Father, grant me a heart of understanding, flood my heart with Your light, that I may follow all of Your ways in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts