In Love!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text: 1 Corinthians 16:14
“Let all your things be done with charity.” 1 Corinthians 16v14 (KJV)

“Let everything you do be done in love (true love to God and man as inspired by God’s love for us).” 1 Corinthians 16v14 (AMP)

“And do everything with love.” 1 Corinthians 16v14 (NLT)

One place this is aptly captured is 1 Corinthians 13, where we see that “If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.” 1 Corinthians 13v1-3 (NLT). It was love that motivated God to send Jesus to die for us (John 3v16), even though He is the wisest, most powerful, most courageous, the mighty Man of war, love was His motivation. If we do not love others, then we do not know God, for He is love ☺ Through the love we have for one another, people see that we are the disciples of God.

Supplementary Text
“For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.” Galatians 5v6 (NIV)

“Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. It is not conceited (arrogant and inflated with pride); it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it [it pays no attention to a suffered wrong]. It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail. Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything [without weakening]. Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end]. As for prophecy (the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), it will be fulfilled and pass away; as for tongues, they will be destroyed and cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away [it will lose its value and be superseded by truth]. For our knowledge is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect), and our prophecy (our teaching) is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect). But when the complete and perfect (total) comes, the incomplete and imperfect will vanish away (become antiquated, void, and superseded). When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; now that I have become a man, I am done with childish ways and have put them aside. For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood [by God]. And so faith, hope, love abide [faith--conviction and belief respecting man's relation to God and divine things; hope--joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation; love--true affection for God and man, growing out of God's love for and in us], these three; but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13v4-13 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You so much for the love You have for us. We thank You for we can walk in that same love. Thank You for the power to walk in love. I declare that I am a lover and not a hater in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts