Speak to me Lord!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Sometimes we need a word from the Lord. It could be one of affirmation, encouragement, faith, direction … And the wonderful thing is that God speaks to His children. Sometimes, it is in response to an explicit prayer to Him, and at other times, He just comes and speaks with us. He can tell you about what He has in store for you, He can give you direction, encourage you, or just bond with you. He speaks to us through His Word, through others, by His Spirit… He can speak to us through a situation, a song, a testimony, through the things we see … When Moses died, Joshua was to take up the baton. What better way to embark on such a mighty feat but than God to speak to him?

Primary Text: Joshua 1v1-9
Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying, Moses My servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast. There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them. Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses My servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.” Joshua 1v1-9

Like David, you might need specific directions, and God can speak to you about it. Like Samuel, God can give you insight on how to evaluate a particular situation. Like Jesus, God can affirm His pleasure with you. Why don’t you ask Him to speak to You today, and everyday?

Supplementary Texts
“And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all.” 1 Samuel 30v8

“And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD's anointed is before him. But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.” 1 Samuel 16v6-7

“Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.” Luke 2v21&22

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. You see my heart, You know all I am going through, and all You will have me do, speak to me today O God, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts