Grace (2)



Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Grace (favor and spiritual blessing) be to you …” 1 Corinthians 1v3 (AMP)

By grace we are saved through faith, and by the grace of God we can do things beyond our human strength and capacity. As Paul said “But by the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not [found to be] for nothing (fruitless and without effect). In fact, I worked harder than all of them [the apostles], though it was not really I, but the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God which was with me.” (1 Corinthians 15v10, AMP). One verse of Scripture I like is one which shows us how we can access the grace of God – by coming to God! Thank God for that. Hebrews 4v14-16 (NIV) says “Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are – yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Are you in need of grace today? Come to the throne of grace. Approach by prayer, coming to God knowing that He loves you, and that Jesus has been tempted even as you are being tempted. He was able to make it through and He can help you through as well. Don’t shy away and feel condemned, draw close to the throne of grace, and let Him give you the mercy and grace you need in this time of need.

Supplementary Text
“Since the children have flesh and blood, He too shared in their humanity so that by His death He might destroy him who holds the power of death – that is, the devil – and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. For surely it is not angels He helps, but Abraham’s descendants. For this reason He had to be made like His brothers in every way, in order that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that He might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted.” Hebrews 2v14-18 (NIV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your goodness, Your faithfulness, Your love and Your grace. Thank You for Jesus our high priest. Father, I pray that Your grace will abound toward me and help me to do all that You will have me do and be all that You will have me be in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts