Seek the presence of the Lord (8)


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“For I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, that our forefathers were all under and protected by the cloud [in which God’s presence went before them], and every one of them passed safely through the [Red] Sea,” 1 Corinthians 10v1 (AMP)

As believers, God has given us His Spirit to dwell with us and to be in each one of us. But many of us are not communing or fellowshipping with Him. The Holy Spirit is a person, the third person in the trinity. Yesterday, our pastor shared with us about how many of us do not acknowledge the presence of the Holy Spirit. But God has sent His Spirit to be with us forever. How would you feel if you were in a place and were totally ignored, and though you could do so much, were unacknowledged and viewed almost as irrelevant. How much more God? Jesus spoke of the Holy Spirit saying:

“However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you].” John 16v7 (AMP)

“And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever – The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you.” John 14v16-17 (AMP)

“But when the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) comes, Whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth Who comes (proceeds) from the Father, He [Himself] will testify regarding Me.” John 15v26 (AMP)

“But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.” John 14v26 (AMP)

Beloved, are you in need of comfort, help, counsel, intercession, strength, do you need someone to standby you, and be your advocate – talk to the Holy Spirit, commune and fellowship with Him. James 4v5 (AMP) says “Or do you suppose that the Scripture is speaking to no purpose that says, The Spirit Whom He has caused to dwell in us yearns over us and He yearns for the Spirit [to be welcome] with a jealous love?” A beautiful song says:

Supplementary Text
“Welcome Holy Spirit, be here with Your presence, fill me with Your power, live inside of me. You’re the living water, never drying fountain, Comforter and Counselor, take complete control.” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mi1e8q0HjA)

Prayer
Lord God Almighty, we thank You so much because You know what we need, and You knew that we would need Your Spirit and Your Presence. Holy Spirit of God, I welcome You, I acknowledge Your presence as my Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby. Thank You Holy Spirit of God, please show me things to come and teach me all things in Jesus name, amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts